This is the third week here. Well, lots of things has been seen,learned and experienced. In my university years I haven't exposed to these stuff. Most of it are small scale. I thought 415V is big, now I've seen 33kV. That's bigger. Later, if I have a chance, I would like to see 132kV systems. That could be only achived by TNB or Sesco engineers, not plant electrical engineer like me.

I've been through so many maintenance stuff. I've seen people inspecting transformers, motors, motor operated valves (MOVs), switchgears, relays, earthing grids, UPS and batteries. I wish I could learn about generators too. Three weeks and learned all these. Three years maybe millions more to be learned (hopefully). From these experiences I learned that major job for electrical engineer is to do switching. Yes, switching. It is very critical. It is you who determine what side of the busbar to be closed, which equipment to be isolated, when to close or open the breakers. It is dangerous too! I could hear hissing sound while racking in the Vacuum Circuit Breaker(VCB), which means that sparks are created between the VCB and the busbar. One wrong step and you have a fried equipment. May Allah protect me while becoming electrical-engineer-in-training.

I also interacted with technicians. Wow, quite a number of them are from Pahang, Kedah and northern states. I thought technincians are locals. They are friendly. Some of them did not talk much as they are really busy. Hehe, compared to peninsular side, engineers in this plant work harder as they do the stuff with their technicians.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Germany